Showcasing the commerce in our corridors.
Our Neighborhoods, Our Businesses, Our Stories
Philadelphia is a city of neighborhoods, and small businesses are an essential part of our neighborhoods’ identities. From corner stores to hair salons to small restaurants, they provide goods and services to neighbors that are affordable and reflect the cultures and tastes of their communities.
This year’s program starts on November 20, 2023.
What is Our Neighborhoods, Our Businesses, Our Stories?
Our Neighborhoods, Our Businesses, Our Stories” is a project which will highlight selected commercial corridors and neighborhood businesses through video. These videos will showcase the business owners who make up these diverse corridors and the products and services within them.
Our Neighborhoods, Our Businesses, Our Stories is funded through Congressman Dwight Evans ‘Community Funding Grant. Rep. Evans represents Pennsylvania’s 3rd Congressional District and the corridors featured in this project.
Partners for this project include ShopPhilly1st, Philly’s Virtual Community Shopping marketplace, and the Small Business Development Center at Temple University, which provides entrepreneurs and small business owners with the knowledge needed to make smart decisions and prosper.
Thank You To Our Partners
Our Neighborhoods, Our Businesses, Our Stories Program FAQs
Who should participate in this project?
- A small business owner/entrepreneur looking to do more marketing online
- A small business owner/entrepreneur looking to grow their business
- A small business owner/entrepreneur looking to tell their story
- A small business owner/entrepreneur who has a physical storefront or office on the corridor
When can I apply for this project?
- Applications will open in February 2023
Our Neighborhoods, Our Businesses, Our Stories is dedicated to promoting local small businesses and keeping dollars circulating within our neighborhoods.
What are the benefits of participating in this project?
- Free video production services to enhance their online presence and increase their chances of being found in consumer searches
- Free citywide advertising platform to help reach online shoppers and extend their market reach on ShopPhilly1st
- One on One marketing consulting
- Access to Capital
Want to showcase your business through Our Neighborhoods, Our Businesses, Our Stories?
If so, fill out the form below and we will notify you when applications are open!
Contact Karyn Paul at VestedIn, firstname.lastname@example.org.